Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Japanese Nail Art

I was introduced to Japanese nail art by one of my BFFs, Aileen W. a few years ago, when she came back to the US with gorgeous 3D nails after she spent a summer in Asia.  She spent her summers and moved to NYC about a year ago, and continuously had beautiful nail art on her hands and toes.  Apparently, the nail art scene is huge in Japan -- there are magazines, accessories, and expos dedicated to blinged out nails!  Also, if you Google "Japanese nail art," there are a ton of colorful, intricate nail designs.

Although I loved how they looked, there isn't a place in the DMV (DC/Maryland/VA) area that specializes in it, and I did not have enough time to do it whenever I made a trip up to NYC.  But as a result of my amazing extended New Years trip to New York, we planned a date to Enjoy Nail & Spa  to get our nails done.


Aileen's nails on the left, mine are on the right.
(We opted for gradient nail designs with bows on our fingers)


 I hope everybody had a wonderful New Years!  XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment