Friday, June 7, 2013

Review: Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm

I've been on the hunt for a Western brand BB cream... or at least, an Asian brand welcomed into the Western world that can be found at suppliers such as Sephora.  I've heard and read great things about the Dr. Jart+ brand so I took advantage of my 15% off sale and purchased the 0.66 oz. option of the brand's Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm due to it's 4 star rating on the Sephora website.






It's only offered in one shade because of its oxidizing properties which conform to your skin color and is advertised as "one universal shade."  It also features SPF 25 sun protection and a botanical formula that purifies and calms blemish prone skin.

Pros:

  • It doesn't irritate my skin or cause any breakouts
  • It doesn't add any oiliness to my skin
  • It doesn't have a scent or fragrance to it
  • It's lightweight and doesn't feel greasy when applied
Cons:
  • It's pricey for the amount you pay for (0.66 oz. for $18 and 1.5 oz. for $36 can be purchased here) 
  • It did not oxidize to my skintone and was approximately two shades lighter than my actual skintone
  • It takes approximately 5-10 minutes to set into your skin
Rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment